As parents, one of the most important things is ensuring our kids have a healthy diet. We want to provide them with natural foods rich in vitamins and minerals for their growth and development. That’s one reason why we love the products from Organic Valley.
What Makes Organic Valley Unique
Organic Valley is different. They aren’t like most companies out there. They’re a cooperative owned by organic farmers which means they are vested in their work and vested in Organic Valley.
They care about more than just producing milk for a company. They are committed to doing what is right by producing high quality products the healthy and natural way, and in turn providing those to others across the country.
To these farmers, caring for animals and the environment as nature intended is the best way to promote healthy and happy communities.
Happy Cows Make Better Milk
Quite frankly, happy cows make better milk! And Organic Valley focuses on giving their cows great care to ensure they are producing top quality, natural, authentic milk…better for them, and better for you! Here’s some of the ways they are making that happen.
1. Organic Valley cows spend more time outside. Just like your kids benefit from more free time outside, so do cows! Organic Valley cows are outside 50 percent more than the organic standard. Fresh air, sunshine, and a natural environment leads to a better-quality milk.
2. Organic Valley cows eat a high pasture-based diet. Since Organic Valley cows are outside more, they are enjoying a diet higher in plants and grasses which is important for creating high quality milk. Just like we want to fuel our bodies with vegetables and the nutrients we need to be healthy and happy, the same works for cows. They are getting a diet rich in the natural good stuff to create better milk.
3. Organic Valley cows can express their natural behaviors. Cows love to graze, roam, and play, and Organic Valley farmers create an environment where they can do just that…be their natural selves!
4. Organic Valley cows are loved. Farmers keep herds small for more one-on-one time. They get to know their personalities and traits. And just like your kids name the family pets, it’s not uncommon for cows get names (and lots of pets) too!
For all these reasons, we couldn’t love Organic Valley more! This summer, make it a point to talk about food and ethics with your kids. Make it fun by using Organic Valley products available at a store local to you.
Happy cows make better milk, and better milk makes better milkshakes! And milkshakes with Organic Valley are the best! Try out one of our family’s favorites below – perfect for summer or any time!
Recipe by Nicki Sizemore
Prep time: 5 minutes | Serving Size: 2
- 1 cup Organic Valley Whole Milk
- ¼ cup Organic Valley Heavy Whipping Cream
- 10 oz. frozen strawberries (2 heaping cups)
- 2 Tbsp. strawberry jam
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Whipped cream and crushed freeze-dried strawberries, for serving (optional)
- 2 scoops Simply Tera’s Organic Bourbon Vanilla Whey Protein Powder or Plain Unsweetened (optional)
We love Organic Valley and know that you will too! WIN $100 of organic groceries! To enter to win, simply LIKE this post and follow @organicvalley. We will choose a winner at random from ALL entries on 8/9/2022 and will announce the winner in our Instastories. For additional entries, make sure you LIKE each Organic Valley post you see live on our platforms in the coming month!