Welcome to our series Charleston Moms FAVORITES! In a season of parenting that feels especially hard, our team is excited to share some of the things that are making us happy and helping us get through the days.
I think we can all agree that this spring/summer season has been exceptionally long. These days, things as simple as eating in a restaurant (if you have even ventured out to do that) feels like quite the luxury. Although I have been so thankful to be able to spend so much time with family and our kids, some days I feel like I am on a never-ending gerbil wheel of cooking meals, cleaning dishes, and planning the next home school day. It’s the little things that we look forward to, help us unwind, and bring that extra joy to our day!
Here are a few of my favorite things lately
- Beautycounter Citrus Mimosa Body Butter. Let me first just say, I am not a “nightly body cream” type of person. I also am super picky about the products I use. I was so impressed by the ingredient list of this body butter and it’s SO rich and creamy! All of Beautycounter’s products are EWG certified so you can rest assured knowing that all the products are safe. The citrus smell is so light and calming, so it’s perfect to put on right before you curl up under the covers.
- Tabitha Brown on Tiktok. I may be a little late in the Tiktok game but the only person I really watch is Tabitha Brown. She makes vegan, short, cooking videos, and also little inspirational messages. She’s just so positive, funny, and she lights up my day! I love her saying, “Have a good day but if you can’t, don’t you dare go messing up nobody else’s, ya hear?”
- Carole Hochman Maxi Dress. When I’m ready to relax at the end of the day, I’m looking for this maxi dress! It’s perfect for lounging, sleeping, or homeschooling. You could wear it to work or wear it to the store…and it has pockets! You can’t go wrong with anything Carole Hochman…it’s sooo comfy!
- Keto Cold brew. The brand is Ancient Nutrition by Dr. Axe. This is not your standard cold brew coffee. It has herbs and mushrooms that will help with stress and focus which makes it the perfect mom coffee. I look forward to drinking this every afternoon around 3 pm when I need that extra boost to make it to the end of the day!
- Artful Teaching Joyful Learning. Since we have decided to homeschool this year, I was looking for a family-style curriculum. This program popped up on my Facebook news feed (isn’t it funny how that happens). Alana Chernecki has her masters in education and specializes in the Reggio Emilia approach of teaching. She has created a curriculum that is like a menu of activities or “invitations to learn” categorized by month, perfect for ages 4-7. The curriculum also comes with a virtual aspect where she teaches once a week. She is very hands-on in directing parents in their homeschool journey. I’ve felt very thankful for this curriculum and the support of Alana. She only accepts a few families at a time so she can really devote her time to support each cohort but she will be reopening the doors in January for a “Homeschool Re-fresh”. If you are interested, check out the link to get on the waiting list!
What is something that has brought you joy lately?
Check out some more from our Charleston Moms FAVORITES!