Fall brings in all the favorites with pumpkins, cooler weather, harvest events, and the inevitable overflow of apples! Whether you picked them yourself at an orchard or purchased them in bulk at your local grocery store or fruit stand . . . maybe mistakes were made. Have you become the owner of an abundance of apples? Now what?
Thankfully fall has no shortage of recipes — and we’ve done the hard work by compiling an exhaustive list for all the apples! Keeping the prep time and ingredients to a minimum, this list should get you in and out of the kitchen as quickly as possible while still being able to enjoy all the apple goodness.
First off, reference this quick apple cheat sheet (“A Baker’s Guide to Apples”) about which variety of apples are the best to use for which recipes.
- Gala and Fuji: These are a sweet variety of apples and are best thrown into a salad or non-cooked recipe — and can usually serve as a topping.
- Golden Delicious: This apple variety is a good combination being both tart and sweet which is perfect for breakfast recipes like oatmeal and pancakes, or even desserts.
- Granny Smith and Pink Lady: These apple varieties can be very tart. Pair them with something that adds a sweetener (like a pie, a crumble/crisp, or even just caramel apples) which balances out the tartness but also cuts the sweetener a bit.
EASY Apple Recipes for Any Time of Day
- Apple Cinnamon French Toast
- Apple Spice Muffins
- Apple Cinnamon Baked Oatmeal
- Apple Cinnamon Overnight Oats
- Apple Pie Almond Butter Smoothie
- Sausage Apple Puff Pancake
- Apple Spinach Salad & Sweet Potatoes
- Kale Apple Salad with Pumpkin Seed Clusters
- Chicken & Apple Waldorf Salad
- Fall Harvest Power Bowl
- Celery, Apple, and Walnut Goat Cheese Salad
- Baked Apple and Sausages Sheet Pan Dinner
- Honey Mustard, Chicken, and Apples
- Butternut Squash and Apple Soup
- Turkey, Mushroom, and Apple Stuffed Acorn Squash
- Shaved Brussel Sprout Salad with Maple
- Cranberry and Apple Chutney
- Beet and Apple Salad
- Cinnamon Roasted Sweet Potatoes and Apples
- Apple and Goat Cheese Salad with Candied Pecans
- Fried Apples
- Homemade Chunky Applesauce
- Apple Nachos
- Baked Apple Chips
- Instant Pot Apple Sauce
- Apple Jelly
- Apple Cinnamon Granola
- Apple Pie Cookies
- Salted Caramel Apples
- Cinnamon Apple Fudge
- No Bake Apple Parfaits
- Apple Butter
- Date Sweetened Caramel Apples
- Apple Cider Sangria
- Apple Pie Bourbon
- Homemade Apple Cider
- Apple Cider Pumpkin Shandy
- Green Apple Smoothie